In a relationship (is a quite personal)

Hey I’m 22 (F) 23 in 2 months, in a relationship with a 35 (m) 

He’s got 2 kids 11(m) and 9(m) that stay with us 1 day a week not a lot I know. But I feel like a parent all the time if I’m not helping look after the boys I’m basically taking care of my partner. I cook I clean I do the washing I support him financially.

Im seeing a youth worker at the moment and she thinks I’ll be better off away from him as our relationship isn’t the best. I’m really struggling but at the same time I don’t want to leave him. I do love him and he says he loves me. But there are issues. He seems to think that a relationship is 75% bedroom visits (if you know what I mean) whereas I’m not interested in that what’s so ever and I don’t feel the same way.  These aren’t our only issues but it’s the one that crops up the most often. Am I wrong? is there something wrong with me? Has anyone else felt this way? Am I harming him more by being this way? Thanks 

Parents
  • Listen to your youth worker, relationships should be an equal partnership or as close as possible, sounds like he is using you as his slave all round. Does he even do anything at all? I would find it very hard to be sexually attracted to a man living like a child, especially as old as he is. And even if you are completely asexual or on that part of the lgbtq+ spectrum there is nothing wrong with that either but you will need to be with someone who respects and understands that. Doesn’t sound like this man has any respect for you whatsoever I’m afraid, you deserve so much better. 

• Listen to your youth worker, relationships should be an equal partnership or as close as possible, sounds like he is using you as his slave all round. Does he even do anything at all? I would find it very hard to be sexually attracted to a man living like a child, especially as old as he is. And even if you are completely asexual or on that part of the lgbtq+ spectrum there is nothing wrong with that either but you will need to be with someone who respects and understands that. Doesn’t sound like this man has any respect for you whatsoever I’m afraid, you deserve so much better. 

Children
  • My hardest part is that he used to be good and we used to be intermate but I just don’t enjoy at all. He flopped so much especially since we moved back in with his dad (he looks after himself and hates the way my partner is being at the minute) and he drops me to work and picks me up but that’s kind of it when I think about it