Exhaustion following meltdowns

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have started to notice that when my 17 year old daughter has a significant meltdown (diagnosed ASD) at the point where she manages to calm down I will see her eyes start to roll and within seconds she will be in a deep sleep snoring and head falling forward.  It is difficult to explain, the meltdown stops, in seconds she is snoring.  Is this a common behaviour following meltdowns?  Is this autistic exhaustion or something else?

Parents
  • This has happened to me a few times. A normal but really unfortunate part of meltdowns for some people. Having a meltdown puts the body and mind through so much, it's absolutely exhausting, you burn out fast and need rest, lots of it to recover.

There is also the possibility it's something else as well. So probably best to get checked by the doctor just to make sure everything is ok.

• This has happened to me a few times. A normal but really unfortunate part of meltdowns for some people. Having a meltdown puts the body and mind through so much, it's absolutely exhausting, you burn out fast and need rest, lots of it to recover.

There is also the possibility it's something else as well. So probably best to get checked by the doctor just to make sure everything is ok.

Children
No Data