Exhaustion following meltdowns

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have started to notice that when my 17 year old daughter has a significant meltdown (diagnosed ASD) at the point where she manages to calm down I will see her eyes start to roll and within seconds she will be in a deep sleep snoring and head falling forward.  It is difficult to explain, the meltdown stops, in seconds she is snoring.  Is this a common behaviour following meltdowns?  Is this autistic exhaustion or something else?

Parents
  • Meltdowns are exhausting and when I've had them in the past all I have wanted to do afterwards is sleep. They physically and mentally drain you and when the adrenaline from being in the state of hyper-anxiety and stres subsides exhaustion just overtakes and you just want to sleep - well at least in my experience anyway. Others may be different of course.

• Meltdowns are exhausting and when I've had them in the past all I have wanted to do afterwards is sleep. They physically and mentally drain you and when the adrenaline from being in the state of hyper-anxiety and stres subsides exhaustion just overtakes and you just want to sleep - well at least in my experience anyway. Others may be different of course.

Children
No Data