education

my son was diagnosed last october at the age of 12 (yes it has took us years to get there) anyhow he is now in mainstream highschool and finding it very difficult so attendance sitting at 58%, i am trying to get him in a special school but keep hitting brick walls. he has support in school and teachers saying that he is coping but that is not the impression i am getting from my son. my son is not dissruptive so seems to go under the radar. i am looking for advice as to how i fight this or should i be fighting this. i hope i,m making sense as i am new to this thankyou

Parents Reply Children
  • We removed our son from school last year - to Homeschool. He lasted about 5weeks before he finally broke.

It's taken a little time to get him to get into a new routine. We were told, that due to him masking for near on 8 years; he's burned out - so it could take months, if not years for him to adjust.
    However - homeschooling - so far, has made a huge difference and he's like a different person. He, still has his moments though!

I am currently looking into what information was passed where - given my sons Primary school have a file for each child which they pass on to their next school - this contains Attendance/Behaviour records as well as special needs and things to be put in place.
    I have a copy of everything I provied to the school.

It seems this file wasn't passed on, or even not even looked at when he moved school.