need advice

Hi there

I have a 4 year old son who has asd (just recently diagnosed). He is very hyperactive and struggles with frustration. He roars all the time and where he doesn't understand personal space he does it right in your face. He is a very big 4 year old and his behaviour is scaring his little sister who is 2. He doesn't listen and doesn't understand that he scares her. Does anyone have any advice to try to calm this behaviour?

Parents
  • Thank you for comments.

My son at the moment has a basic school plan and will have an ina if needed but I think it will be quite quick for the school to realise he needs constant supervision. Ill definitely try the weighted therapy. I think ill also try headphones to cancel noise out as I took him to a restuarant 2day and had meltdown due to the noise although at first he tried so hard to cope I'm so proud of him. And recombinantsocks ill definitely look at that website and let you know what I think.

• Thank you for comments.

My son at the moment has a basic school plan and will have an ina if needed but I think it will be quite quick for the school to realise he needs constant supervision. Ill definitely try the weighted therapy. I think ill also try headphones to cancel noise out as I took him to a restuarant 2day and had meltdown due to the noise although at first he tried so hard to cope I'm so proud of him. And recombinantsocks ill definitely look at that website and let you know what I think.

Children
No Data