Estranged ASD son

Hello Everyone

This is my first time posting on this page . If you read my profile you will see a bit of the backstory of our estrangement . I am just wondering if there are any other parents out there in the same position as myself ?

I have so many regrets that I did not have the experience / knowledge of ASD to recognize that this is what my boy was struggling with . I am and have been feeling debilitating feelings of what I now know is grief as I have have lost my beautiful boy . How do parents in this situation actually come to terms with it all , or perhaps our situation is fairy unique ?

Thanks for reading 

Parents
  • Dear Meleys :),

Welcome to our online community! I hope you find it a helpful resource for support. 

It may be in your interest to look at the Parent to Parent Emotional Support Service which provides emotional support to parents and carers regarding their autistic children/grown-up children. The service is provided by trained volunteers with personal experience as the parent of an autistic child or adult. Our focus is on emotional support and understanding what it is like for you as a parent. We offer empathy, understanding, and a safe space to talk through your feelings and experiences. To request a call, complete a web enquiry form here: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/help-and-support/parent-to-parent-helpline 

Kind Regards,
    Rosie Mod

• Hello 

Thank you so much for commenting , I actually contacted them yesterday and they have arranged to call me .

Although I have been through various counseling I am still very up and down emotionally and struggling to come to terms with our estrangement 

Thank you

• Hello 

Thank you so much for commenting , I actually contacted them yesterday and they have arranged to call me .

Although I have been through various counseling I am still very up and down emotionally and struggling to come to terms with our estrangement 

Thank you

Children
No Data