Meltdowns Meltdowns Meltdowns

Chloe, my daughter, has just been in meltdown mode for the past 2 days. Everything we do just does not help. She just seems 'stuck', if you know what I mean? 

Long story short: 

Chloe went out for the afternoon, came home to 100's of spiders in her bedroom, on the ceiling and walls. We got rid of them all but she did not want to sleep in her room which was understandable so slept in with her sister. 

The next day, some spiders came back, and she refused to sleep in there again. We have got rid of them again today but she is still refusing to step foot in her room. 

She just seems stuck and frozen now. She doesn't know what to do with herself. The tears and meltdowns are constant. She is refusing to eat, shower, do anything and all she is doing is pacing. 

What can we do? 

Thanks, 

Lucy 

Parents
  • This would freak anyone out. My wife is not autistic, she would stay at her sisters and put the house on the market.

You daughter doesn't have any of these options - so what else can she do?

I don't have any answers - the meltdowns must be so challenging, but even though the meltdowns are autistic, her response overall is very real and 'normal' Especially, as the problem was fixed but then happened again - her trust in the system is eroded.

I hope that others have practical advice.

• This would freak anyone out. My wife is not autistic, she would stay at her sisters and put the house on the market.

You daughter doesn't have any of these options - so what else can she do?

I don't have any answers - the meltdowns must be so challenging, but even though the meltdowns are autistic, her response overall is very real and 'normal' Especially, as the problem was fixed but then happened again - her trust in the system is eroded.

I hope that others have practical advice.

Children
No Data