Anxiety

My daughter, 18, is suffering with really bad anxiety. Chloe has a job cleaning a house, 3 hours a week. She also has a babysitting/child sitting job which she goes to once every few weeks. I'm am off work this week so she is going to clean one of my customers houses. To help with her anxiety, I am making her a jobs list of what she needs to clean. 

Her anxieties are also based around money. She really struggles to save so always ends up having no money left at the end of the month. She mainly spends money on petrol because of how many miles she drives a week. She can drive over 100 miles a day sometimes. She says she loves driving because her brain is stimulated at all times and she can listen to music. If anyone knows what activities she/we can do which can substitute the driving, please let me know! 

Her anxieties are causing daily frequent tears and high emotions, however I can see she is bottling it in. She is hard to get her to see family friends, but they are very understanding in her needs which makes it easier for everyone. 

I am trying to keep routines the same, for example she is obsessed with Criminal Minds and is watching the series, making PowerPoints about the profilers/agents and the criminals, which is impressive. I am using visual timetables and schedules with her again. I am also offering tablets to stop her menstruation this month because this will make it all worse. I am also giving her tablets to help her sleep again. 

If anyone knows of any other ideas or opinions, please share them, whatever they may be. She is really struggling.

Parents
  • Yes, I do a lot of driving; too. I have the free-time to do it, though. It does, however, hyperfocus me.

She needs time to unwind, after she drives. Otherwise, driving would fry her brain. Plus, there'll be that negative critical voice in her head, as is the case with me.

I don't feel comfortable, however, with menstruation-inhibitors. Chamomile Tea is a natural remedy for Period Pain. In fact, contraception is likely to increase her anxiety.

The Chamomile Tea will also help her sleep.

• Yes, I do a lot of driving; too. I have the free-time to do it, though. It does, however, hyperfocus me.

She needs time to unwind, after she drives. Otherwise, driving would fry her brain. Plus, there'll be that negative critical voice in her head, as is the case with me.

I don't feel comfortable, however, with menstruation-inhibitors. Chamomile Tea is a natural remedy for Period Pain. In fact, contraception is likely to increase her anxiety.

The Chamomile Tea will also help her sleep.

Children
No Data