Activities

Hi all, hope the holidays are going ok? 

My daughter has completely finished school now. She is 18 and she is coping extremely well but has starting complaining that there isn't much structure and she's getting bored and wants more jobs. 

She currently does babysitting, some one off jobs, another every couple of weeks. She also has a cleaning job which starts next week. During the week, myself and my husband are working. My son, 10, will stay with Chloe or go to my parents or sisters house. My other daughter stays out with friends all day. Chloe is alone during the day with our dog. I'm usually gone 8-3/4. 

During the day, I give Chloe tasks to do e.g hoovering, hang up washing, load or unload dishwasher. She is happy doing these. She will also either listen to music or watch criminal minds but she says it's kinda boring all day. Her brain needs to be busy and active, she can't just sit around and do nothing or chill. 

One interest/hobby she has currently is making a scrapbook with her favourite things in: Criminal Minds, Family, Holidays and much more but she likes to do this in the evening, whilst watching criminal minds. Its and organising activity and calms her before bed. 

Can you think of any activities she can do in the day which can keep her mind busy? Money isn't an issue as such and she can drive. She would usually go for drives but has finally realised the expenses of this and is driving a lot less. Any activities for at home? 

Many thanks, 

Lucy 

Parents
  • Update: She is starting to struggle with the lack of structure. Last summer holidays, Chloe had the same routine the whole way through until she went back to school, she had the same "home timetable" every week. Unfortunately, her work is really unstructured, it can be different days, times, people and jobs therefore this isn't possible. She is only interested in doing 3 things (Criminal Minds, scrapbook, criminal minds power-point). I don't really know how to create a "timetable" for her if every week is going to be different. She refuses to go out in public because of the heat, and how busy it is. If anyone has any idea on what a "timetable" could look like weekly, that will be amazing. 

Thanks, Lucy

• Update: She is starting to struggle with the lack of structure. Last summer holidays, Chloe had the same routine the whole way through until she went back to school, she had the same "home timetable" every week. Unfortunately, her work is really unstructured, it can be different days, times, people and jobs therefore this isn't possible. She is only interested in doing 3 things (Criminal Minds, scrapbook, criminal minds power-point). I don't really know how to create a "timetable" for her if every week is going to be different. She refuses to go out in public because of the heat, and how busy it is. If anyone has any idea on what a "timetable" could look like weekly, that will be amazing. 

Thanks, Lucy

Children
No Data