15 year old always demanding

Hi all

I need some advice on My daughter who is 15 years old. She is always demanding and telling me what she is doing and never thinks of anything or anyone else but her self. I think she has PDA, I am just struggling on where to go for support. 

Parents
  • I want to tread carefully here because there’s not much to go on. But also because what may seem like self-centered behaviour is synonymous with being in Survival Mode and a red flag of trauma from things like repeated rejection, even misinterpreted. It can be a lack of getting the proper instructions on how to mature in ways we understand. 

Talking back can be misperceived when it might be out of deep isolation from feeling unheard and falsely accused and falsely judged or projected at.

Sometimes children just need connexion. It’s their night to do dishes. But need a “body double”, or just to make a menial task into meaningful by doing it with them. 

With more information, such as examples of what’s happening, it can be easier to help. ADHDrs all experience severe RSD (rejection sensitivity dysphoria). Autism means there’s a loss in translation. Both have hyper sensory differences - life can be overwhelming. But the big difference is being Motivated differently. Rather than by domination, by hyper vigilance or a grounded physical environment. Rather than social status, by the imaginations possibilities. 

• I want to tread carefully here because there’s not much to go on. But also because what may seem like self-centered behaviour is synonymous with being in Survival Mode and a red flag of trauma from things like repeated rejection, even misinterpreted. It can be a lack of getting the proper instructions on how to mature in ways we understand. 

Talking back can be misperceived when it might be out of deep isolation from feeling unheard and falsely accused and falsely judged or projected at.

Sometimes children just need connexion. It’s their night to do dishes. But need a “body double”, or just to make a menial task into meaningful by doing it with them. 

With more information, such as examples of what’s happening, it can be easier to help. ADHDrs all experience severe RSD (rejection sensitivity dysphoria). Autism means there’s a loss in translation. Both have hyper sensory differences - life can be overwhelming. But the big difference is being Motivated differently. Rather than by domination, by hyper vigilance or a grounded physical environment. Rather than social status, by the imaginations possibilities. 

Children
No Data