School trip

Long story short: 

Chloe, my daughter, had a teacher for her lesson. That teacher is male and she struggles with males. It took nearly 3 years for her to work with him. That teacher slept, yes slept, when she had him. 

As a result, she does not want to work with him anymore, understandable. 

Her school keeps putting the teacher with her and this works her up for the whole day. They do put a female with her when she has him but she does not want him at all. 

SCHOOL TRIP: 

She needs to share a car next week with her staff (who she loves) and also another student and the students staff (who is the teacher who fell asleep). Does that make sense? 

Chloe's staff needs to drive because the other staff can't. 

Chloe will be sat in the back with the other student (both students get on really well). 

My fear is that her being around that staff member is going to ruin the day, especially the drives. She is already saying that she can't be bothered to go on the trip if he is in the car with her. This trip is a theme park which she LOVES so when she is saying this, it does worry me. 

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, it is GREATLY appreciated. 

I am going to talk to the school. 

TIA 

Lucy 

Parents
  • It might be helpful if you can help your daughter to view this teacher with a bit of understanding. For example - you seem horrified that this teacher ‘slept’ in class. You and your daughter might want to consider why this might be. For example - perhaps he is a father of a young child who doesn’t sleep at night and keeps the parents awake. Or maybe this teacher works very hard so gets very tired. Being tired and sleepy is not a crime - it’s of course not ideal to fall asleep at work (!) but I think you could find a bit more understanding and compassion for this teacher - and judge him less. Does he have any good qualities that you might want to think about in order to feel less negatively about him? Is he helpful to other children for example? I understand that you say your daughter doesn’t like male teachers - maybe you could have a chat about that? Are there any men that she feels positively towards? 
    I would discuss these sorts of things with her, and try to get her to have a more balanced view about male teachers, and this teacher in particular. In essence: I’m sure he’s got some good points, and sometimes we do have to have contact with people who may not be our ‘favourite people’ - but we can still treat them with respect and spend a small amount of time with them none the less. Perhaps you could talk to her about being tolerant of others - even though they maybe be very different to us.

• It might be helpful if you can help your daughter to view this teacher with a bit of understanding. For example - you seem horrified that this teacher ‘slept’ in class. You and your daughter might want to consider why this might be. For example - perhaps he is a father of a young child who doesn’t sleep at night and keeps the parents awake. Or maybe this teacher works very hard so gets very tired. Being tired and sleepy is not a crime - it’s of course not ideal to fall asleep at work (!) but I think you could find a bit more understanding and compassion for this teacher - and judge him less. Does he have any good qualities that you might want to think about in order to feel less negatively about him? Is he helpful to other children for example? I understand that you say your daughter doesn’t like male teachers - maybe you could have a chat about that? Are there any men that she feels positively towards? 
    I would discuss these sorts of things with her, and try to get her to have a more balanced view about male teachers, and this teacher in particular. In essence: I’m sure he’s got some good points, and sometimes we do have to have contact with people who may not be our ‘favourite people’ - but we can still treat them with respect and spend a small amount of time with them none the less. Perhaps you could talk to her about being tolerant of others - even though they maybe be very different to us.

Children
No Data