Daughter in year 11 no plans for future

My daughter is about to undertake her GCSEs and we have just been accepted for an EHCP but no draft in place at the moment.

it looks as though my daughter will fail her GCSEs as she refuses to do revision homework or go to class. 
Everytime I discuss leaving school she blanks me out and there are not many options anyway.

i think failing her GCSEs might be good so she can have a purpose going to college but for now I do not have a clue where to turn or what to do!!

  • Hello ,

    I'm sorry to that that you're struggling with knowing how t support your daughter with her education. 

    Please visit our online advice and guidance which explains more about getting extra help in school, assessments, education plans, reviews and school transport.  

    Extra help at school in England  


    If you require further support, you may like to contact the following organisations:  




    • Enquire provide advice about additional support for learning for children attending school https://enquire.org.uk/   



    Northern Ireland  

    The Children’s Law Centre provides a free legal advice service and legal representation for children and young people.  

    The NI Commissioner for Children and Young People (NICCY) and their work is focused on making sure children and young people have access to their rights in their day-to-day lives, so they have the best opportunity to reach their full potential.  



    • Every local area has a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) that can provide information, advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with SEND, including on exclusions.   


    • Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA) is a registered charity that offers free and independent information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of SEND.  


    •  Coram’s Child Law Advice service can be accessed through their website or contacted on 0300 330 5485 from Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.   


    • SOS!SEN offers a free, term-time, national helpline, staffed by a team of volunteers, to provide next step advice and support on questions and issues parents may have relating to their child’s SEN provision.  Their helpline number is 0208 538 3731 

     I hope this helps,


Reply Children
No Data