Attitude

Hello! 
My son is almost 13 and we are really struggling with the way he speaks to us at the moment and his selfish attitude to all things. Is this common with autism or is it a neurotypical behaviour for his age. 
it’s really hard to deal with and don’t know how to help the situation. I don’t have anyone I can speak to as I don’t know anyone else in the same situation. 
Thanks 

Parents
  • I can confirm that he is diagnosed and has been for many years. These behaviours I have mentioned have always been there but seem to be heightened. I know people don’t like these terms but I would describe him as “high functioning” or “mild autism” as he manages most daily tasks that are expected of a neurotypical person. 

• I can confirm that he is diagnosed and has been for many years. These behaviours I have mentioned have always been there but seem to be heightened. I know people don’t like these terms but I would describe him as “high functioning” or “mild autism” as he manages most daily tasks that are expected of a neurotypical person. 

Children
No Data