Attitude

Hello! 
My son is almost 13 and we are really struggling with the way he speaks to us at the moment and his selfish attitude to all things. Is this common with autism or is it a neurotypical behaviour for his age. 
it’s really hard to deal with and don’t know how to help the situation. I don’t have anyone I can speak to as I don’t know anyone else in the same situation. 
Thanks 

Parents
  • I’m wondering if he has a confirmed diagnosis of autism or is it because he is being a normal difficult teenager? These days, if it is his just being a difficult teenager, parents have far less sources of help that they could turn to for a behavioural issue, except if there are other mental health issues involved - I’m inclined to wonder if increased discipline is needed, after speaking to your GP, teachers and/or a police officer - I’m getting the sense that it is a normal teenage discipline issue, in which case speaking to the police could be very useful - do you know of anyone who is serving or ex-milltary? Getting him into the army might be the best way to straighten him out and get him the discipline he needs 

• I’m wondering if he has a confirmed diagnosis of autism or is it because he is being a normal difficult teenager? These days, if it is his just being a difficult teenager, parents have far less sources of help that they could turn to for a behavioural issue, except if there are other mental health issues involved - I’m inclined to wonder if increased discipline is needed, after speaking to your GP, teachers and/or a police officer - I’m getting the sense that it is a normal teenage discipline issue, in which case speaking to the police could be very useful - do you know of anyone who is serving or ex-milltary? Getting him into the army might be the best way to straighten him out and get him the discipline he needs 

Children
No Data