Attitude

Hello! 
My son is almost 13 and we are really struggling with the way he speaks to us at the moment and his selfish attitude to all things. Is this common with autism or is it a neurotypical behaviour for his age. 
it’s really hard to deal with and don’t know how to help the situation. I don’t have anyone I can speak to as I don’t know anyone else in the same situation. 
Thanks 

Parents
  • I think this is pretty common amongst teenage boys of all neurotypes tbh.

• I think teenage boys revert to a caveman stereotype, communicating only by grunts, they smell despite washing and they eat almost compulsively. Then they get expensive, not only do they eat, but they grow too, my son went from being the smallest in his class to the tallest in 18 months, I think I only saw him when he was fridge raiding and grunting, the reest of the time he slept and grew. I was having to buy him new clothes every couple of weeks, sleeves that had been down to his knuckes suddenly came above his wrists seemingly overnight. It does get better and they return to normal humanity.

• I think teenage boys revert to a caveman stereotype, communicating only by grunts, they smell despite washing and they eat almost compulsively. Then they get expensive, not only do they eat, but they grow too, my son went from being the smallest in his class to the tallest in 18 months, I think I only saw him when he was fridge raiding and grunting, the reest of the time he slept and grew. I was having to buy him new clothes every couple of weeks, sleeves that had been down to his knuckes suddenly came above his wrists seemingly overnight. It does get better and they return to normal humanity.

Children
No Data