Gastro Intestinal...just a general discussion as it seems to be not looked into regarding autism

Hi I'm sure I'm not alone in that gastro intestinal issues have plagued my son since birth and he only got diagnosed with autism at 18 and he 24 now,  gastro intestinal issues seem to be a bit of a mystery concerning the connection with autism. We were always recieve sub par service from NHS and doctors  (sorry but it's true) it's like oh you got a tummy bug go away...that's it that's all you get no tests nothing. I've posted this to see what others experience is regarding GI issues are. I'm at the point now and he has asked me to do this so we will do it together..to radically change his diet..we already are healthy ie we don't do the take  out we dont do alchohol as he had a problem with that a while back and so cant have alcohol in the house and cook fresh meals 3 times at least in a week meals with veg in it  and dint eat meat etc but it's not enough he still has nausea and on occasion will vomit straight up wht he just ate. It would be interesting to hear other people's experience , has anyone had any improvement changing diet??

Parents
  • This is very interesting, my son doesn't suffer but two of his friends are having this battle currently and constantly get sent home from school with "runny poo" and told 48 hours. Both have had to get letters from the GP stating its linked to the autism and diet. 

• This is very interesting, my son doesn't suffer but two of his friends are having this battle currently and constantly get sent home from school with "runny poo" and told 48 hours. Both have had to get letters from the GP stating its linked to the autism and diet. 

Children
No Data