Behaviour at School

Hi, my child is 8 and although quite happy to go to school she is a victim of verbal attacks regularly and at times it gets too much and she will react with physical contact. Yesterday I was asked to collect her because there was contact with an adult and a child. 

I feel that this was unlawful exclusion and despite having two meetings with the school to put a plan in place it seems that there is a lack of understanding and other teachers just have no clue on how to help when a meltdown appears and yesterday there was restraining and taking away her loops which resulted in her then making the physical contact.

I just don't know where to go with the school,I get no guidance from them and rarely any support from the ALNCo on what could make things better, I just feel they have no empathy with how others make her feel and how to help her in school and it has become too easy to call me to sort it out.

Parents
  • It certainly sounds like an illegal exclusion based on information provided. I suggest you contact the local education authority education department (education welfare service or SEND section) and say you suspect an illegal exclusion and ask their advice. The Head Teacher will probably not be happy, but if you have already tried to engage them and nothing is working, maybe you need to escalate things.  You may also want to get expert advice from the NAS or another advice agency.

• It certainly sounds like an illegal exclusion based on information provided. I suggest you contact the local education authority education department (education welfare service or SEND section) and say you suspect an illegal exclusion and ask their advice. The Head Teacher will probably not be happy, but if you have already tried to engage them and nothing is working, maybe you need to escalate things.  You may also want to get expert advice from the NAS or another advice agency.

Children