My autistic teenage son hates me

My son was diagnosed with autism about 18 mths ago, since then he's been aggressive abusive isolating himself from his entire family he says he hates us all, he sleeps all day and wakes up at night and cooks his own meals he refuses to speak to me, I'm so worried. He's seeing a psychiatrist but that's not helping at all ,I'm at my wits end he's 15 I'm so worried he's going to end up hurting himself has anyone else experienced this any advice would be much appreciated thankyou .

Parents
  • Hi there. My son hasn't been diagnosed with ASD however he has ADHD and I'm certain he has this too.

All I can say is hold on in there. This sounds very very similar to my son at that age. He's 19 now and yes, goes downstairs and cooks food during the early hours, calls me all sorts like weak, beyond incompetent, etc. You may well worry for his safety, sending you hugs because it's so bloody hard. It should ease, over time, with baby steps. Yes, the behaviours remain but the ability to cope begins to develop so the dangerous element subsides. We've been up at a and e with his suicidal thoughts, school contacted us to contact papyrus. It's heartbreaking. 

If his mood dips, if you can try not to leave him alone, or at least not for long. But this may not be possible if you work.

How is his attending school? X

• Hi there. My son hasn't been diagnosed with ASD however he has ADHD and I'm certain he has this too.

All I can say is hold on in there. This sounds very very similar to my son at that age. He's 19 now and yes, goes downstairs and cooks food during the early hours, calls me all sorts like weak, beyond incompetent, etc. You may well worry for his safety, sending you hugs because it's so bloody hard. It should ease, over time, with baby steps. Yes, the behaviours remain but the ability to cope begins to develop so the dangerous element subsides. We've been up at a and e with his suicidal thoughts, school contacted us to contact papyrus. It's heartbreaking. 

If his mood dips, if you can try not to leave him alone, or at least not for long. But this may not be possible if you work.

How is his attending school? X

Children
No Data