My autistic teenage son hates me

My son was diagnosed with autism about 18 mths ago, since then he's been aggressive abusive isolating himself from his entire family he says he hates us all, he sleeps all day and wakes up at night and cooks his own meals he refuses to speak to me, I'm so worried. He's seeing a psychiatrist but that's not helping at all ,I'm at my wits end he's 15 I'm so worried he's going to end up hurting himself has anyone else experienced this any advice would be much appreciated thankyou .

Parents
  • He sounds overwhelmed and like he’s having trouble accepting and adjusting to this change. I had a burn out when I realised I was autistic, and it affected me badly for a year, and lasted about 3 years. I wouldn’t say I’m completely over it.

if he can’t talk right now, he needs more time. He might want to write something down, or record something for you, even if he just says he’s ok, but needs the time to himself without any stimulation.

He knows you’re there, but he’s 15. He might not want to ask for help. He probably thinks he can manage. 
    Keep at it, slowly slowly. Seeing a psychiatrist is no quick fix, but in time, he might start to adjust to his new life.

• He sounds overwhelmed and like he’s having trouble accepting and adjusting to this change. I had a burn out when I realised I was autistic, and it affected me badly for a year, and lasted about 3 years. I wouldn’t say I’m completely over it.

if he can’t talk right now, he needs more time. He might want to write something down, or record something for you, even if he just says he’s ok, but needs the time to himself without any stimulation.

He knows you’re there, but he’s 15. He might not want to ask for help. He probably thinks he can manage. 
    Keep at it, slowly slowly. Seeing a psychiatrist is no quick fix, but in time, he might start to adjust to his new life.

Children
No Data