How do you recover after a meltdown?

One thing I've never been able to understand or help my daughter with is the aftermath of a meltdown. Yes, she has meltdowns and struggles on a weekly basis and I can help her with that but it's the bigger ones I can't. 

The ones she has in school I'm talking about. She is still shaken up from Wednesday's meltdown at school. She hasn't been settled at all and is on edge and is constantly pacing and crying. The school never told me that she had a meltdown and was restrained and held for ages, and she came home battered and bruised. I only found out because my daughter told me otherwise Id have no clue. The hardest part is the recovery and aftermath of the meltdown for her. 

I want to help her more and understand so if anyone is able to tell me what helps them after to decompress and relax, that will be amazing. Thanks x

Parents
  • hi i just saw this rn . What helps me to relax even though i'm 19 i meditate and put on music mindfulness music and meditate . I've got many hobbies that help me when i have meltdowns . i also had a meltdown this week on monday and wednesday this week which made me get suicidal and for me to call my mh team . How old is your daughter. I'd suggest she and you both do meditation or any other relaxing things yeah . 

• hi i just saw this rn . What helps me to relax even though i'm 19 i meditate and put on music mindfulness music and meditate . I've got many hobbies that help me when i have meltdowns . i also had a meltdown this week on monday and wednesday this week which made me get suicidal and for me to call my mh team . How old is your daughter. I'd suggest she and you both do meditation or any other relaxing things yeah . 

Children
No Data