Food

Hi all my son is nearly 6, he's had a diagnosis since he was 2 nearly 3.

I'm worried he's nor getting enough food.

He has restricted his food down to all of a few items.

Choc digestives, Milk, fruit biscuits, and chicken nuggets and chips.

I'm worried about him. We have plenty of support from his school but I'm still worried about his lack of eating. 

Please has anyone got any suggestions. 

Parents
  • Does he like sweets? You could try some gummy multivitamins if you’re worried about malnutrition. My nephew ate a similar diet especially when he was young, pretty much chicken nuggets, chips and cheese on toast. He was a very slim child but now he’s a teen he’s well over 6 foot and not as skinny, sometimes it’s just best to let them eat what they want so they’re at least getting calories in rather than end up restricting calories by trying to give food they won’t have however hungry they are

• No, he doesn't like sweats so we're still putting vitamins into his milk once a day. So I shouldn't be too worried then?

• If he has vitamin enriched milk, protein, carbs and some fruit in his biscuits then he is eating the main food groups albeit in a restricted way. If he seems well and is growing then let him carry on and when he gets older he may become more open to trying new things

• If he has vitamin enriched milk, protein, carbs and some fruit in his biscuits then he is eating the main food groups albeit in a restricted way. If he seems well and is growing then let him carry on and when he gets older he may become more open to trying new things

Children
No Data