Meltdown at work

I just need to offload and vent right now. My daughter had a meltdown at work. When she started she changed her routine and we had to change ours to work around her shifts. That meant us having to leave work early to take her. She arrived at work ready and happy and then after half hour, someone told her that she isn't working today but is tomorrow. That was it for her, meltdown mode. She tried keeping it in and bottling it up and was on the edge of crying when messaging me to pick her up and saying she can't do this. She powered through and did her job for 5 minutes until she just let it out. It got too much. 

Luckily her friend was working and has known her for many years so she helped calm her down and told others what to do to help. I was called by the staff. Luckily the staff are lovely and the person who told her she wasn't meant to be in apologised and felt really guilty. Her hours and days have now changed. No one told her until today aswell so she's very upset and annoyed with them. 

I haven't told them she's autistic. Her friend knows but she won't say anything unless it's a life threatening emergency or unless she makes sure it's ok with us first, which we appreciate. Would it be a good idea to let them know she's on the spectrum. She works in a pub and her main job is to collect glasses. She does a little bit of other things but this is the main so isn't really interacting with anyone. Should I tell them? Would it help or just complicate things? What can I do to make her job easier for her because this is her first job? 

Thanks for letting me vent. I really needed it. Plans have changed for tomorrow which effects everyone. 

Parents
  • i feel potentially what might also be in your daughter's mind is along the lines of "i knew im stupid, im useless, i cant even get my days right, i look and idiot now, i am an idiot" self loathing things.

its an assumption i know and of course everyone knows what assumption is the mother of..

but, they should have communicated that in the first place as you obviously know, and, its led to this unfortunately, it doesn't sound very well managed to me.

and, yeah, your trying very hard too, not just your daughter, and again, well done yourself for that.

• i feel potentially what might also be in your daughter's mind is along the lines of "i knew im stupid, im useless, i cant even get my days right, i look and idiot now, i am an idiot" self loathing things.

its an assumption i know and of course everyone knows what assumption is the mother of..

but, they should have communicated that in the first place as you obviously know, and, its led to this unfortunately, it doesn't sound very well managed to me.

and, yeah, your trying very hard too, not just your daughter, and again, well done yourself for that.

Children
No Data