how to help my son accept he is autistic and ask for help

My son is 25yr and wont accept help,  he is talking of starting college, but he left school at 15yrs with no qualifications, and has spent the last 10 years mainly in his bedroom.  He now wants to start his life,  but he needs support,   I am happy he wants to move on,  but i have no idea what the next step is . 

Parents
  • that seems to be a common theme, the delayed start in life, and withdrawl from society for years after school. i think i was 25 when i decided to make changes, but that was more adding hobbies and fitness and so on to my life first, the job and seeking house and getting on in life came like 6 years after that start lol

i personally got my job through a agency and didnt require any interview and got it the same day as they texted me about it, instant right away start. but depends if hes at that stage yet, perhaps he maybe more in a developmental stage in which taking up a fitness based hobby that will get his body into a better shape and create motivation in him. all depends on him really and what he feels. perhaps he wants a job because he is perhaps now putting his finger on the fact that being alone and shut in is causing him to feel bad so perhaps he seeks a life to fix that. i believe he will be able to move in the correct direction by acting on what he feels. your feelings should always push you in the direction needed to fix issues you feel.

• that seems to be a common theme, the delayed start in life, and withdrawl from society for years after school. i think i was 25 when i decided to make changes, but that was more adding hobbies and fitness and so on to my life first, the job and seeking house and getting on in life came like 6 years after that start lol

i personally got my job through a agency and didnt require any interview and got it the same day as they texted me about it, instant right away start. but depends if hes at that stage yet, perhaps he maybe more in a developmental stage in which taking up a fitness based hobby that will get his body into a better shape and create motivation in him. all depends on him really and what he feels. perhaps he wants a job because he is perhaps now putting his finger on the fact that being alone and shut in is causing him to feel bad so perhaps he seeks a life to fix that. i believe he will be able to move in the correct direction by acting on what he feels. your feelings should always push you in the direction needed to fix issues you feel.

Children
No Data