To be in school or not

Do I send my daughter to school tomorrow? She wants to go but at the same time I think she needs a day away from everyone and to recharge her batteries. 

The past week, she has struggled greatly with the noise of 2 students in particular. Last week, the set of an alarm, upset many students, was banging about and making a lot of noise. Today, my daughter refused to do her afternoon lesson, Sport, because of how loud the boys were. She couldn't think straight and was overwhelmed. She did go for many walks and in the end ran away from her staff and called me. Today just hasn't been a good day for her. 

The school does know that she struggles with the noise, and will do everything they can to make sure she's happy, but she will refuse to wear ear defenders. She says, 'I won't wear them all day because of some boys being noisy, they should have more self control and show respect to others, and its not fair to have to wear them because of someone else's actions'. 

She is also becoming unwell do to stress and this impacts her tolerance of sensory issues. She is feeling dizzy and sick, due to stress and because she's not eating and drinking because of how overwhelmed she is and because she spends most of her day moving away from the boys. I have messaged her staff, still waiting for a reply, to see what is happening, and what else they can put in place for her. She wants to be in school, she enjoys it, but she also doesn't because of the boys. 

I'm getting a bit worried to where this is heading because when she first joined she didn't care about them, a few months ago she would walk away and ignore them, now, she is starting to retaliate and tell them to shut up and chuck something at them. She said to me when she walked in the door, and I quote, 'If they keep doing this, being noisy and disruptive, then there's going to be war,'. She said this exact same thing at her previous school and jeez, it went on for months. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data