Social skills training

My 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with Autism last summer. She has trouble going to school and her only friends are online, friends she does online gaming with. Shes asked for social skills training. I would like to find a coach, councillir course that she can acess but I have no idea how to find it. Does anyone have any advise? 

• Yes, I'd choose the autistic led resources every time. 

• Yes Ausome training is great because it is led by autistic people.

• Absolutely.  I would highly recommend any training from Ausome Training.

• What’s your job? You must interact with some people in it. Try going one step further every week, even if it’s just starting off by saying hello to people you normally wouldn’t, then work your way up from there. You either take lots of small steps, or jump right in.

I’d also recommend getting an appointment with your GP. They might see the anxiety you get from social interaction as a form of depression. I know that’s how it shows in me, and the tablets do help.

• This might help, it is a programme developed by autistic people. It helps young autistic people understand and be confident in their own autistic social communication style:

https://konfidentkidz.ie/

• Social Skills for Autistics are at base, creating conscious Rules of Engagement or Exchange with others. A start would be finding books on sound Ethics and Principles and helping her understand practical ways of being an aesthetic and enjoyable participant in the world around. 

As a parent, I would suggest we do the heavy reading, find one principle per week or month and help our children explore it in practical ways. 

Most valuable principles begin with being kind, thought-full and reasoning with the Self. When I value self-care, I value caring for others and value others who self-care. When I curate my own boundaries, I curate respect for the self it is automatically then applied to respecting and encouraging boundaries with others. Individuals who are dismissive, judgmental, harsh and reckless with others have already applied these to their own being, often as an internal contract with the self as a way of being congruent with how they have been treated. 

Simple ethics can help make sense to many other nebulous social rules. And usually 'trump' bad form. 

A nice equal expression for teenagers can be found in the element of Expression. Spending time learning to curate the senses and learning to be intentional with Aesthetics is an external practical application of internal ethics. 

• Have you tried the directory on here?

They may have some services that might help