Ear Defenders

Does anyone know any good ear defenders? My daughter, 16, would like another pair because the other ones are too tight. 

How do you reduce the noise without ear defenders. We are on holiday, and she loves the night entertainment, only thing, it's too loud for her. Yesterday she had a meltdown, but still wanted to join in but couldn't. We have stupidly left her ear defenders at home and can't find any when we go out. We don't have anything to go in the ears that she could wear. My own fault for not bringing them. 

Parents
  • Hi, I am really sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling with the loud noises and it’s preventing her joining in the holiday activities. I can highly relate and understand how difficult and frustrating this must be for her. I have been in many situations where I have forgotten ear defenders and had to result in permanently covering my ears and hiding or buying uncomfortable, tight, not good, not noise cancelling enough industrial ear defenders. 

As  suggested below, I highly recommend noise cancelling headphones. I have the Sony Rose Gold writing WH-1000XM3 wireless noise cancelling headphones. They were £179.99 from Curry’s PC World. There is a more updated version for about £279.99, but these ones are, in my opinion, even better than the updated version I tried on in the shop. I love these because ear defenders hurt, too tight and I rarely could tolerate wearing them, especially because I wear glasses permanently. In addition, I don’t feel self conscious wearing these and the noise cancelling features are amazing. I have heard Bose and a few other brands make noise cancelling headphones too, but I have no experience of these. @Soundoftheforest on TikTok and actor on Atypical uses Bose noise cancelling headphones.

Some alternatives could be ear plugs, earbuds, wired earphones, although these may not be particularly comfortable, or noise cancelling and may fall out. You could try white noise, or playing normal or relaxing music to block out uncomfortable loud sounds. I am not sure what other objects might be useful or what else to suggest. It’s a difficult situation. 

I hope you manage to find something that helps, your daughter can continue to join in and you all have a lovely holiday. If you’re in the UK on holiday, I recommend Curry’s PC World, or Argos. 
    Take Care, Star Blush

• Hi, I am really sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling with the loud noises and it’s preventing her joining in the holiday activities. I can highly relate and understand how difficult and frustrating this must be for her. I have been in many situations where I have forgotten ear defenders and had to result in permanently covering my ears and hiding or buying uncomfortable, tight, not good, not noise cancelling enough industrial ear defenders. 

As  suggested below, I highly recommend noise cancelling headphones. I have the Sony Rose Gold writing WH-1000XM3 wireless noise cancelling headphones. They were £179.99 from Curry’s PC World. There is a more updated version for about £279.99, but these ones are, in my opinion, even better than the updated version I tried on in the shop. I love these because ear defenders hurt, too tight and I rarely could tolerate wearing them, especially because I wear glasses permanently. In addition, I don’t feel self conscious wearing these and the noise cancelling features are amazing. I have heard Bose and a few other brands make noise cancelling headphones too, but I have no experience of these. @Soundoftheforest on TikTok and actor on Atypical uses Bose noise cancelling headphones.

Some alternatives could be ear plugs, earbuds, wired earphones, although these may not be particularly comfortable, or noise cancelling and may fall out. You could try white noise, or playing normal or relaxing music to block out uncomfortable loud sounds. I am not sure what other objects might be useful or what else to suggest. It’s a difficult situation. 

I hope you manage to find something that helps, your daughter can continue to join in and you all have a lovely holiday. If you’re in the UK on holiday, I recommend Curry’s PC World, or Argos. 
    Take Care, Star Blush

Children
No Data