Struggling to pass my driving test.

I have been struggling to pass my driving test. I have autism Asperger's syndrome. I am lacking attention to detail, focusing issues and have been hesitant. I wanted to know people who have autism Asperger's syndrome how have you come across driving tests? What things did you do to cope with it and pass the driving tests. What techniques have you been using.

If some one can share there story that will be a great help too.

Thank you Blush

Parents
  • I passed on my third attempt in my teens. God knows how. I couldn't reverse or do a three point turn for toffee.

I quickly realised I simply could not judge where things were in relation to me. I banged and scraped my dad's car so many times. At 19 I gave up. Thought I better had before I hurt someone. Never been behind a wheel since.

• I imagine if I drove I would be forever bumping into other people's cars and possibly a lamppost or six... I don't think I'll ever learn to drive. It looks really scary and I don't think I have the coordination and skill for it.

• I imagine if I drove I would be forever bumping into other people's cars and possibly a lamppost or six... I don't think I'll ever learn to drive. It looks really scary and I don't think I have the coordination and skill for it.

Children
  • Yes, lots of autistic people do drive and drive well. But I think it depends on your sensory profile. If your proprioseption sucks - and mine sucks - best not or people would die, lol.

I took myself off the road before some magistrate was obliged to do it for me.