Pinching autistic child ..... help

Hey , i have a 17 year old son who's on the spectrum with right hemiplegia and arfid a eating disorder, ive spent the last 17  years  fighting for help from different therapists , schools , colleges and dealing with his ehcp! Ive been on parenting courses and learnt alot ! Ive since had a daughter who is 10 , and i have now got a 2.5 year old son who was diagnosed with autism and adhd .  So having d3alt with numerous outbursts meltdowns kicking hitting ! Ive never experienced such behaviour that im getting from my youngest son ! Its constant .... he pinches scratches and shakes grirting his teeth whilst doing it ! He doesn't  talk , he babbles and says purple and pizza but  thats about all ! He can be playing  happily on the trampoline with my daughter and scratch her legs or face ,  or he will walk past whilst im cooking and grab hold of my  legs ! If he cant find  bare skin he will pinch my ankles! He does this to everyone apart from at  his nursery ! Even bedtime when he is asleep , suddenly a hand comes from up the pillow and pinches you ! Ive tried every different way i know , but its beginning to get me down and it hurts ! Im covered in bruises.  But he has now started to pinch my dogs ! The dogs  were bought due to my eldest sons fear so they cannot be given up as he will have a meltdown ! And be broken hearted !  Id be grateful  for any advice !! 

Many thanks Blush

Parents
  • Hi auri2728,

Thank you for sharing this with our community! While we are hoping other members share their thoughts, you might like to take a look at our resources below.

Individuals on the spectrum can often display behaviour that may be challenging. There will generally be a reason for this and it is important to try and understand the trigger for the behaviour when developing strategies. https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/behaviour

You may like to have a look at the following link for more information on behaviour and strategies:

You may be interested in seeking some professional support regarding the behaviour. You can search for professionals in your area we are aware of on the Autism Services Directory: www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice Mod

• Hi auri2728,

Thank you for sharing this with our community! While we are hoping other members share their thoughts, you might like to take a look at our resources below.

Individuals on the spectrum can often display behaviour that may be challenging. There will generally be a reason for this and it is important to try and understand the trigger for the behaviour when developing strategies. https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/behaviour

You may like to have a look at the following link for more information on behaviour and strategies:

You may be interested in seeking some professional support regarding the behaviour. You can search for professionals in your area we are aware of on the Autism Services Directory: www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice Mod

Children
No Data