What is happening?

Hi again, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with my daughter. 

She keeps having these episodes where all of a sudden she will stop whatever she's doing and stare into space for a few seconds and when it's over she will carry on doing what she was doing like nothing ever happened. She will do this little movement with her mouth which I can't describe and if she's standing she will become a bit wobbly. I haven't seen or noticed this before in her and it just doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure it isn't day dreaming because you can't 'snap her out' of it. 

Any ideas are grateful.

Thanks x

Parents
  • It's a very good question.  Have you tried asking her?

I'm interested because I do it and I have no idea why.  I am walking along and I suddenly freeze for a few seconds and just stare out into space.  Afterwards I hope that nobody noticed it.

The good news is that my freezes haven't got worse over time. I  hope your daughter is aware of them and can avoid them in public.

• She is aware of them and told me that when she freezes, she can sometimes block out the noise and everything happening around. It doesn't effect what she does or anything so I'm not too worried but I am at the same time. 

• I've had a really bad seizure - it was like a bomb going off in my head - literally - when i came around, it was just like I had witnessed an explosion - with whistling / ringing in my ears - it was like a glitch-reset and I had no idea what had happened - it took me a few hours to fully come around - I was in some kind of auto-pilot 'beer-scooter' mode..    Weird gaps in my memory too.

My memory also has strange, impossible spacial distortions - re-arranged rooms, distance stretching and compression etc.

• Thanks - but i was just illustrating the sort of things that can be happening if it is a seizure - the auto-pilot thing was strange - I was awake and sort-of functioning but shell-shocked - the lights were on but no-one was home.

It happened to me at about 8:30am - but I was only together enough to phone for help at lunchtime.   Before that, I knew I needed help - and the phone would summon it - but I had no idea how a phone worked - for over 3 hours - but it feels like about 10 minutes..

• Thanks - but i was just illustrating the sort of things that can be happening if it is a seizure - the auto-pilot thing was strange - I was awake and sort-of functioning but shell-shocked - the lights were on but no-one was home.

It happened to me at about 8:30am - but I was only together enough to phone for help at lunchtime.   Before that, I knew I needed help - and the phone would summon it - but I had no idea how a phone worked - for over 3 hours - but it feels like about 10 minutes..

Children
No Data