My autistic son keeps hurting me :(

Hi everyone, 

My son is 8 year old with autism, he is non verbal. Lately he keeps pinching and scratching me and trying to put all his body weight on me or kick me. I'm only 5ft 3 and he is already huge and I can't even lift him. I'm really getting fed up with the hurting I cried my eyes out today because I couldn't take much more. No matter how many times I tell him no, remove his hands from me or send him to his room for time out he doesn't listen and finds it funny. I'm covered in bruises all over my arms from him. When I cry he couldn't care less he just carries on hurting me its like a game to him. He doesn't do it to his dad just to me. I feel like he hates me :( I'm so exhausted and now it's summer holidays I don't see no hope of any respite because dad works all day so I have to take care of him along with his 9 year old sister and 1 year old brother.

Think I'm just looking for some advice or if there is anyone else having the same problems. 

Thank you 

Parents
  • I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. I hope the advice already given to you here will be helpful for you.

I don't have any advice really but I am ashamed to say when I was 11/12 I was very abusive to my own mum, so not my best self. I'm not violent anymore but growing up I was a right cow especially to my mum. I used to hit her, pull her hair, bite her, scream at her and I also threatened her with a knife once. It was despicable of me. I still feel guilty about it now and wish I could undo all of the horrible things I put my mum through. What helped me in the end was that my mum took me to the GP and then I saw a few different people such as a therapist and a behavioural therapy treatment was assigned. They also put me on meds to calm and slow me down. I didn't like it at the time but by 15 I was so much calmer and happier. Looking back I am so grateful to my mum because despite everything she loved me and only wanted to help me become the much calmer and kinder girl I am today. I'm in debt to my mum because without her help and support I'd probably be in prison by now. Now we're closer than ever and every day I tell her how much I love her Slight smile

• I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. I hope the advice already given to you here will be helpful for you.

I don't have any advice really but I am ashamed to say when I was 11/12 I was very abusive to my own mum, so not my best self. I'm not violent anymore but growing up I was a right cow especially to my mum. I used to hit her, pull her hair, bite her, scream at her and I also threatened her with a knife once. It was despicable of me. I still feel guilty about it now and wish I could undo all of the horrible things I put my mum through. What helped me in the end was that my mum took me to the GP and then I saw a few different people such as a therapist and a behavioural therapy treatment was assigned. They also put me on meds to calm and slow me down. I didn't like it at the time but by 15 I was so much calmer and happier. Looking back I am so grateful to my mum because despite everything she loved me and only wanted to help me become the much calmer and kinder girl I am today. I'm in debt to my mum because without her help and support I'd probably be in prison by now. Now we're closer than ever and every day I tell her how much I love her Slight smile

Children
No Data