Highly Embarrassed

Hi

I just wondered if anyone else suffers from extreme embarrassment even for the slightest of things that others don't even notice.

My child made a little error when doing some crafting and I laughed and said oops. This started what we call an episode, is this a trait of Autism at all?

Thanks 

Parents
  • It is a problem for me; although I would admit that there have been quite a few times when I probably deserved to be embarrassed because of the rashness of my behaviour. But embarassment also occurs for stuff that most other people would almost immediately shrug off and promptly forget. I have also read that it is considered a trait.

I am regularly embarrassed about my situation, and that embarassment is still felt for things that happened up to 60 years ago. I still visibly cringe whilst remembering some very dated incidents, that most other people have probably long forgotten,

I self-identified about 4 years ago. I cited these embarrassment attacks on the subsequent day of diagnosis. Even as I reported it matter-of-factly to the assessor, I was both outwardly and inwardly cringing.

Not only do I frequently talk out loud to myself (mostly unobserved). but I also get regular embarrassment flashbacks. Regular means up to several times each day. One way to deal with this is to actually tell yourself to "Stop". That is often out loud, but in this day -&- age of device-induced trance, it is rarely noticed. That is an adaptation of a very simple and effective way (for me, at least) of dealing with depression.

• It is a problem for me; although I would admit that there have been quite a few times when I probably deserved to be embarrassed because of the rashness of my behaviour. But embarassment also occurs for stuff that most other people would almost immediately shrug off and promptly forget. I have also read that it is considered a trait.

I am regularly embarrassed about my situation, and that embarassment is still felt for things that happened up to 60 years ago. I still visibly cringe whilst remembering some very dated incidents, that most other people have probably long forgotten,

I self-identified about 4 years ago. I cited these embarrassment attacks on the subsequent day of diagnosis. Even as I reported it matter-of-factly to the assessor, I was both outwardly and inwardly cringing.

Not only do I frequently talk out loud to myself (mostly unobserved). but I also get regular embarrassment flashbacks. Regular means up to several times each day. One way to deal with this is to actually tell yourself to "Stop". That is often out loud, but in this day -&- age of device-induced trance, it is rarely noticed. That is an adaptation of a very simple and effective way (for me, at least) of dealing with depression.

Children
No Data