Weary about diagnosis

Hi,

I wanted some advice. My daughter I believe has autism and I am very weary about getting a diagnosis. She is now 13 and it’s becoming a problem  in regards to her friends.

She doesn’t see the bad in anyone and has some terrible friends. She doesn’t like communicating so I arrange everything. I am exhausted and I don’t particularly like any of her friends Some are mean, Some are manipulative , spread lies about her, Cause drama. She is quiet and doesn’t know how to stand up for herself. 

the trouble is I help her make friends and keep friends. But the quality she has Is poor. But I think is it better than being alone? 

she gets sad if she is on her own and I don’t think it’s good for her mental health. But I am exhausted as I go out with her as generally if I’m not there she will be picked on. 

I don’t know how to get help for this and if I did decide I wanted a diagnosis what help can anyone provide especially in regards to friends.

please help 

Parents
  • I think Plastics reply is very helpful, friendships are and will always be tough to maintain and teenage years particularly difficult. 

I played in a sports team and highly recommend anything like that! It’s what kept me out of trouble, focused and gave me that social aspect without it being too full on or needing the full requirements of friendship. Finding a good team is key though and in something she enjoys... I played in the same team for almost 10 years and they were the best bunch of girls (sports girls tend to be easier for me to get on with than your typical girly girl) but when I moved up to play professional I found myself more isolated than I needed to just by some of the egos that brings and if I could merge the talent of the newer team with the main team aspects from my original it would be perfect! 

having some kind of goal or purpose with a group brings great rewards and then I didn’t feel as bad especially as a teen when I couldn’t go out or didn’t want to because I want tired or had to play and it definitely made the biggest difference growing up!

• I think Plastics reply is very helpful, friendships are and will always be tough to maintain and teenage years particularly difficult. 

I played in a sports team and highly recommend anything like that! It’s what kept me out of trouble, focused and gave me that social aspect without it being too full on or needing the full requirements of friendship. Finding a good team is key though and in something she enjoys... I played in the same team for almost 10 years and they were the best bunch of girls (sports girls tend to be easier for me to get on with than your typical girly girl) but when I moved up to play professional I found myself more isolated than I needed to just by some of the egos that brings and if I could merge the talent of the newer team with the main team aspects from my original it would be perfect! 

having some kind of goal or purpose with a group brings great rewards and then I didn’t feel as bad especially as a teen when I couldn’t go out or didn’t want to because I want tired or had to play and it definitely made the biggest difference growing up!

Children