Advice? Suggestions? Getting Dressed

I'm new to the forum, I'm struggling to get any support or suggestions in my local area, I have a huge list of thigs I need help and advice about but Rome wasn't built in a day.

My 6 year old son is not diagnosed but is showing signs of PDA Pathological demand avoidance.

One of our biggest challenges is Alfie getting dressed in the mornings.

He literally just does what he wants to do, if we try to dress him he has a meltdown and will take all his clothes off. Most mornings he gets dressed at the very last minute but then can't have breakfast at home (he has breakfast at breakfast club) that then leads onto the whole other problem of getting him out of the door without breakfast. I know this sounds like standard child behaviour but everything is on a heightened and more extreme level. Alfie can often hurt himself and others.

Does anyone have any suggestions about methods or techniques I could try?

I have tried the obvious like alarms and reward charts. they will work for 2-3 days and then he decides he doesn't want to do them anymore.

I'm open to trying anything, Mornings are an absolute disaster.

Parents
  • The mornings are the hardest for me as well. Firstly, I do not have time to prepare breakfast and get dressed myself and my child. I wrote down some rules and put them on his door. That way, he looks at them every morning and becomes intimidated. He has to brush his teeth, prepare the clothes and make his bed.

• The mornings are the hardest for me as well. Firstly, I do not have time to prepare breakfast and get dressed myself and my child. I wrote down some rules and put them on his door. That way, he looks at them every morning and becomes intimidated. He has to brush his teeth, prepare the clothes and make his bed.

Children
No Data