Please want to talk to someone

I live in Hove area. My child is 6 now and is in year 1. Sometimes is so overwhelming. Other parents will never ever get anything we go through. I don't know any groups or friends with special needs kids. I am desperate to speak to someone. Its been 4 years I have spent like this

Parents
  • Hello

my daughter who is 6yrs old, was diagnosed yesterday as Autistic. I knew in my heart but needed the confirmation. Now I feel I can seek the help and support from professionals on how best I can help her. Put some strategies in place for her to feel more comfortable in this world.

some days can be very tough, if she’s having off days and I wonder how I’ll get through, but somehow you just do.

how are you?

• Hello

my daughter who is 6yrs old, was diagnosed yesterday as Autistic. I knew in my heart but needed the confirmation. Now I feel I can seek the help and support from professionals on how best I can help her. Put some strategies in place for her to feel more comfortable in this world.

some days can be very tough, if she’s having off days and I wonder how I’ll get through, but somehow you just do.

how are you?

Children
  • Tbh I'm not good atm. I know I will b OK tomorrow. It happens some days something hits so hard that I come crushing down and when I see big smile on his face due to even small social interaction it makes my day. He was diagnosed at 4 just before starting school and his plan is in place and gets little support as they feel that he is managable n that there are other kids out there who needs more support. So he isn't getting one to one support.

This post is triggered by something that happened today. I have managed to make good relationships with some of the other mums. And I invite their kuds over to our place. Since they are busy working n all they are happy to send their child over n kids also kind of like my son but plays with him only on their terms and on off. Also when they are alone with them. Not by choice.

If I do 10 playdates in a month my son will be invited twice in a year. Their parents are happy to send their kids over but not invite my child. Yesterday he had a playdate and when father came to pick up their child he invited my son n looked at his son who very adamantly and annoyingly replied No nooo I don't want him to our house. I was right next to them when it happened. He is very happy to come n play but not invite. . I know my son's struggle while playing like  to keep the track of play, gets distracted etc but his ASD is on milder side.

We see lots if movies n shows on autism where the lead character always finds a BEST FRIEND who lives, supports n understands his autism inside outside n lives to be his friend. I really wish this would really happen in real life. My son finds friend for life.

Everyone in his class has got someone. 

I fear for the future