How does assessment work?

Hello, 

i have a 6 year old boy who has been referred for an ASD assessment by his school. He has already been seen by an educational psychologist at school who has given a 9 page report based on what she observed and she suggested he was referred. We have received an appointment today with a consultant community paediatrician for a communication disorder clinic. Is this the start of his referral/assessment process does anyone know? Thank you. 

Parents
  • Hello, thank you for your reply. We haven’t had our appointment yet. We only got it a few days ago. I’ve read the information you sent the link for, thank you. Whilst it is helpful I’ve read this already. I was looking for more information about the actual appointment and the process. Is this likely to be the first appointment of many over a period of time? Or is it possible a diagnosis will be given on this appointment? I’ve read lots of conflicting information and obviously I’m aware the process may have a general variability dependant on areas. No idea how this works so just wanted to know what I’m likely to expect with this first appointment with the consultant paediatrician x

• Hello, thank you for your reply. We haven’t had our appointment yet. We only got it a few days ago. I’ve read the information you sent the link for, thank you. Whilst it is helpful I’ve read this already. I was looking for more information about the actual appointment and the process. Is this likely to be the first appointment of many over a period of time? Or is it possible a diagnosis will be given on this appointment? I’ve read lots of conflicting information and obviously I’m aware the process may have a general variability dependant on areas. No idea how this works so just wanted to know what I’m likely to expect with this first appointment with the consultant paediatrician x

Children
No Data