8 month old baby stimming?

I am just looking for some advice I have noticed by baby has started rotating his wrists and opening and shutting his hands when sitting. He has started to not look at me when I call his name and I feel his eye contact is becoming more brief. He doesn't seem to be babbling as much either. 

• Hi, this must be quite bewildering for you? My youngest daughter 2 1/2, now diagnosed ASD started hair pulling and head shaking (I mean shaking her head from left to right at high velocity for anything up to half an hour at a time!) when she was about 11 months. For me it just added evidence to what I already knew. It's probably a good idea to talk with your GP about any concerns and also phone your health visitor and explain what is happening and ask them to come and see your son. 

• Hi NAS63786,

The diagnosis page for children here on the site - https://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/children.aspx - outlines the process of getting an autism diagnosis for your child, however, doctors will generally not diagnose a baby under 2 years old. Probably the best idea would be to see your GP or paediatrician and discuss your concerns with them.

Best wishes,

Ross - mod