Sugar elimination from diet

Hi all new to forum and first time posting, really just to see if anyone have experience or tips on this. My 6 year old son who has autism has terrible problems with very loose bowels and hives when eating certain foods. Dairy has been eliminated from his diet for past three years but after paediatrician appointment today we have been advised to eliminate all sugars from his diet for three weeks to see how that goes and slowly introduce sugars back in. 

Any help or guidance really appreciated. 

Parents
  • Thanks so much for your replies. I just couldn’t understand how I’ve to eliminate sugars like fruit, cakes, biscuits etc but it’s still ok for him to eat bread and cereal and well basically everything has sugar in it. She did say veg is fine as long as it’s cooked. 

Reckon it’s going to be trial and error. I have bother with my gut myself with IBS It’s really weird though cos brown bread I can’t tolerate and white I’m fine with. Also spicy food is a no no but I love it so end up making myself ill at times. Will definitely see about a probiotic for him willing to try anything that will help in any way. Did look for sourdough bread tonight but unfortunately only had some that wasn’t dairy free so a no no. 

Will start tomorrow and fingers crossed it goes well. 

• Thanks so much for your replies. I just couldn’t understand how I’ve to eliminate sugars like fruit, cakes, biscuits etc but it’s still ok for him to eat bread and cereal and well basically everything has sugar in it. She did say veg is fine as long as it’s cooked. 

Reckon it’s going to be trial and error. I have bother with my gut myself with IBS It’s really weird though cos brown bread I can’t tolerate and white I’m fine with. Also spicy food is a no no but I love it so end up making myself ill at times. Will definitely see about a probiotic for him willing to try anything that will help in any way. Did look for sourdough bread tonight but unfortunately only had some that wasn’t dairy free so a no no. 

Will start tomorrow and fingers crossed it goes well. 

Children
No Data