Doctor issues

My sons diagnosed asd. Thing is hes a teen and docs think hes reliable to talk to. I'm in the waiting room. Hes had ingrown toe nail for 12 weeks. Operation another 10 weeks away. Hes been crying and meltdowns, it bleeds alot etc but a doc asks how does it feel he says fine! I need advice e to get taken seriously please. Struggling. Now waiting to see gp but I know itll be same as usual as be er see same gp twice

Parents
  • if the doctor has actually looked at his toe he should notice its infected if its that painful. Is it red hot swollen oozing? If so he may need antibiotics, I'd go back and go to a different GP and ask for an urgent referral to podiatry but also make sure they actually take a look at it, i know what its like having an ingrowing toenail that's become infected its so painful.....

• He has had it for 12 weeks I think now. Infected 5 times they just give antibiotics. I've asked so many times if they'll speed up his appointment. Hes having it cut out.its been pouring with blood when I e taken him they just bandage It! I tried private but they wont do it as hes under 16! I pointed out today to the gp it's not okay. If my dogs sick i get him treated the next day. My son is I'll i cant pay anyone as they turn him down

• He has had it for 12 weeks I think now. Infected 5 times they just give antibiotics. I've asked so many times if they'll speed up his appointment. Hes having it cut out.its been pouring with blood when I e taken him they just bandage It! I tried private but they wont do it as hes under 16! I pointed out today to the gp it's not okay. If my dogs sick i get him treated the next day. My son is I'll i cant pay anyone as they turn him down

Children
  • Check his temperature. If its that bad and nothing is being done they can't just keep throwing antibiotics at it without addressing the cause. I'd say you are within your rights to just turn up at A+E, its not ideal but if nothing is being done you have no alternative.