Brushing teeth

Evening,

I'm looking for people to share how they get their autistic children to brush their teeth please.My daughter is really struggling and i'm running out of ideas to try to get her to brush her teeth.All tips and help grateful as always.

Thank you x

Parents
  • I am very sorry you are having a problem getting your daughter to clean her teeth. I was late in being diagnosed on the Spectrum it was 10 years ago I was given a diagnoses  of Higher Functioning Autism . My late Mother would gave felt for you to trying to get me to clean my teeth it was so difficult to do.How old is your daughter? If she is very young you could say her doll or teddy is going to brush their teeth an that might encourage her to start brushing her teeth by herself. What kind of tooth paste does she use I use a toothpaste that is natural no chemicals in it what so ever, it is called Weleda,  itvis peppermint free and I think it is great. Some of the other Toothpastes had strong chemical smells in them and made me always want to be sick when I was brushing my Teeth  Then I was told about the Weleda Toothpaste and that is what I use all the time now  I do hope I have given you a little advice that might be of some help to you.

Helena

• I am very sorry you are having a problem getting your daughter to clean her teeth. I was late in being diagnosed on the Spectrum it was 10 years ago I was given a diagnoses  of Higher Functioning Autism . My late Mother would gave felt for you to trying to get me to clean my teeth it was so difficult to do.How old is your daughter? If she is very young you could say her doll or teddy is going to brush their teeth an that might encourage her to start brushing her teeth by herself. What kind of tooth paste does she use I use a toothpaste that is natural no chemicals in it what so ever, it is called Weleda,  itvis peppermint free and I think it is great. Some of the other Toothpastes had strong chemical smells in them and made me always want to be sick when I was brushing my Teeth  Then I was told about the Weleda Toothpaste and that is what I use all the time now  I do hope I have given you a little advice that might be of some help to you.

Helena

Children
No Data