Brushing teeth

Evening,

I'm looking for people to share how they get their autistic children to brush their teeth please.My daughter is really struggling and i'm running out of ideas to try to get her to brush her teeth.All tips and help grateful as always.

Thank you x

Parents
  • My son is 3 and we play games and make silly noises recently, we do "yaaawwwn like a hippopotamus" and a George of the jungle voice warble. It changes from time to time as his interests change, the hippo thing came from a book he liked, so relating it to other interests helps. Before this, we used to do numbers or the alphabet, and we'd brush his teeth in order. Songs have helped, too. 

• My son is 3 and we play games and make silly noises recently, we do "yaaawwwn like a hippopotamus" and a George of the jungle voice warble. It changes from time to time as his interests change, the hippo thing came from a book he liked, so relating it to other interests helps. Before this, we used to do numbers or the alphabet, and we'd brush his teeth in order. Songs have helped, too. 

Children
No Data