4 year old girl with aspergers.. Maybe.. Please help, advice, pearl of wisdom, anything.

My four year old daughter has 35/40 on Tania A marshell M. Sc warning signs of preschool girls with high functioning aspergers. It's been three months since I had an incling and 5 days since I was 90% sure. I don't know what to do, everything I read online is about how to support boys and girls symptoms are completely different. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Any words of wisdom. Any hope. Thankyou

Parents
  • There is no answer as such, not a one size fits all anyway. The best thing you can do for you and your daughter is treat her as an individual like anybody else. Every person is different and a person with Aspergers is exactly that, a person. Learn to understand her impairments and how they are triggered, for example how is she with communication and how are you at communicating with her? Sometimes what you might think is an obvious question isn’t to us aspies and what might seem a difficult one to you is obvious to us. Depending on how difficult she finds things you can use play or pictures to help. If she is only four you are ahead of the game if it’s been identified now, so enjoy your time together and get to know your little girl. 

• There is no answer as such, not a one size fits all anyway. The best thing you can do for you and your daughter is treat her as an individual like anybody else. Every person is different and a person with Aspergers is exactly that, a person. Learn to understand her impairments and how they are triggered, for example how is she with communication and how are you at communicating with her? Sometimes what you might think is an obvious question isn’t to us aspies and what might seem a difficult one to you is obvious to us. Depending on how difficult she finds things you can use play or pictures to help. If she is only four you are ahead of the game if it’s been identified now, so enjoy your time together and get to know your little girl. 

Children
No Data