Married to an Aspie

Can anyone relate to being married to a guy with Aspergers and feeling like his carer? Feel so lonely in our relationship and unless we do what motivates him or talk about his hobbies we literally don’t talk or spend time together. Don’t want to use this forum to moan as he really is a kind hearted guy but I just feel so unimportant, forgotten and alone. 

Parents
  • Yep I do and am now realising I should never have married him. It's not the Aspie part that's the problem, its the human part, you get good and bad NTs and Aspies its just that if you get a bad Aspie and bad human, its magnified, we are self focused by nature but are still by and large able to think of others, but and it is a big but, if you get a selfish human being who is also Aspie, that's not good. I have one its my worst nightmare. I don't feel like his carer but I feel like as far as he's concerned I don't exist. sorry this isn't more positive but its my experience and its not just an Aspie thing but a human thing. BTW there are some fantastic lovable and loving Aspies its just the bad human and Aspie mix are not good, as Im finding to my detriment.

• BTW Ive just changed my avatar to write this in case the selfish OH notices or does a search

Reply Children
No Data