Daughter diagnosed with asd, what now?

My 2 1/2 year old daughter was diagnosed with asd today, which I'd already figured she had anyway but now its finally been confirmed im now stumped as to where to go from here? 

I had loads of questions while we were there but just got overloaded with loads of leaflets etc, but im still not sure how to approach anything.

They're sending a copy of the report to the school which she will be attending in September so they can put in place the support she'll need, but how do I go about learning more about it and how I can support her?

Also how do I help her older sisters deal with and understand it all, is there any support I can get for them?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Parents
  • Hi we are in the same situation as you are daughter who is 3 has been told by the paediatrician that he thinks she is autistic but could be a full year before we get a full diagnosis but they are hoping things might improve I have spoken to school and am seeing special needs coordinator after Easter 

• Hi we are in the same situation as you are daughter who is 3 has been told by the paediatrician that he thinks she is autistic but could be a full year before we get a full diagnosis but they are hoping things might improve I have spoken to school and am seeing special needs coordinator after Easter 

Children
  • Hopefully it doesn't take a year! It can be stressful just waiting when deep down you know, but you'll get there Blush it's a good thing the school's aware of it all, don't know what i would of done without the support worker from ours! 

Keep me posted on how it goes

All the best x