benifits of diagnosis??? Help

Hi all, I have a 9 yo dd who I have suspected from babyhood to be on the spectrum but Iv ignored and tried to manage symptoms on my own (badly). She is high functioning but I wonder if there are any benefits in seeking a diagnosis when she has no learning disability or physical impairments. she is a high achiever at school but I just am worried that I don't have the knowledge or tools for her as she enters her teens. 

Parents
  • My daughter is 8 and we are trying to get her assessed, have been since she was 4 (but that's a different story!) my daughter is also one of the top students in the class academically, but her social skills are not great and she has started having sensory problems in school which are starting to impact her learning, I also know that things can get alot harder for her as she gets older so I am pushing for diagnosis now so she can move forward not seeing things as some unknown flaw in her, just a different way of thinking and seeing the world .

• My daughter has always had sensory issues which was the reason I suspected asd when she was younger. Clothes are a nightmare. Noise is an issue, smells and taste. Eats the same meal everyday. 

Reply Children
No Data