benifits of diagnosis??? Help

Hi all, I have a 9 yo dd who I have suspected from babyhood to be on the spectrum but Iv ignored and tried to manage symptoms on my own (badly). She is high functioning but I wonder if there are any benefits in seeking a diagnosis when she has no learning disability or physical impairments. she is a high achiever at school but I just am worried that I don't have the knowledge or tools for her as she enters her teens. 

Parents
  • I know that I need a diagnosis as an adult to deal with ignorant Neuro Typicals but have always known I was different.

Upon diagnosis, the markers/traits will start to become clearer plus you could use that, with help, to identify triggers and coping mechanisms. It may also provide identified strengths that your daughter has which is a plus for possible career opportunities.

As it is a spectrum then we are all different and may also be high achievers (or in part fail at exams because our learning is not reading/repeating but doing) as well as having difficulties.  I now know my condition is much worse when under stress/pressure/anxiety that I have no control over and I need a full diagnosis.

• I know that I need a diagnosis as an adult to deal with ignorant Neuro Typicals but have always known I was different.

Upon diagnosis, the markers/traits will start to become clearer plus you could use that, with help, to identify triggers and coping mechanisms. It may also provide identified strengths that your daughter has which is a plus for possible career opportunities.

As it is a spectrum then we are all different and may also be high achievers (or in part fail at exams because our learning is not reading/repeating but doing) as well as having difficulties.  I now know my condition is much worse when under stress/pressure/anxiety that I have no control over and I need a full diagnosis.

Children
No Data