diagnosis process/please share your experience

I think my daughter has autism. She is 2 and 6 months. I will not go in to why I think this as it’s never ending, but Health visitor also concerned and refered us to Paedoactric doctor. 

I received a letter from the p-doctor asking me to fill out a form/checklist for autism and for my daughters nursery to do the same and for the nursery to do some other bits.

I have sent them off. But what happeneds next? Do they schedule me an appointment for assessment or is this a very very long process? All I hear is bad experiences from other parents explaining the long process, and that when they got there eventually there concerns were not taken to account etc. 

not saying that this will be the case. But if anyone has any information about the process al together it will be appreciated 

thankyou 

Parents
  • Hi, the information pages on this site explain the diagnostic process, I would think that since Hv is supporting this and peadiatrics are responding quickly you should have to many problems but definitely check information on this site. NHS pages also run through the process 

• Hi, the information pages on this site explain the diagnostic process, I would think that since Hv is supporting this and peadiatrics are responding quickly you should have to many problems but definitely check information on this site. NHS pages also run through the process 

Children
No Data