Wondered if anyone can help

I have a two year old that was diagnosed 4 months ago (asd) I was just wondering when I can find out where about she is on this spectrum? (If they still uses the spectrum I’m regards to severity) 

• Hopefully the diagnostic report will confirm this. If not, you may wish to consider contacting the assessor to clarify where your child may be on the spectrum. I understand that different assessors use different scales. There are two I am aware of:

• Mild, Moderate and/or Severe;

• Level 1 (Requiring Support), Level 2 (Requiring Substantial Support) and Level 3 (Requiring Very Substantial Support).

The spectrum in reality is more complex than this but it’s a good starting point.

• Hi Promote Awareness

Since you haven't had any community responses to your question, I am going to post some information in the hope that it is helpful to you?

You may find the following leaflet which you can download from our website useful - http://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/whats-next-information-campaign.aspx

Post-diagnosis can be a very nervous time for any parent, but we're here to help you. In this link you can find information on the effects on your family, getting some practical support as well as telling your child about their diagnosis.

If you have any other questions, or wanted some advice, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod