introduction and my child missing out

Hi I am a mum of four children three of which have extra needs. At the moment my youngest who is 11, is at home with me she should be a high school learning but i fighting my local authority to get her a place in a extra needs. This has been going on for 3 years and it is finally at the tribunal stage. Its been a long fight but i know whats right for her. The thing is even though she does not  enjoy the classroom environment she needs it. she is so intelligent she needs to be in education. It upsets me when i see girls of her age walking around in groups enjoying them selves i think thats what my daughter should be doing going shopping with her friends walking to school with them talking about make up and fashion, its probably not the done thing to talk about it but i cant help. thankfully she doesn't see it. my daughter just lives in her world and the bubble of that. is there any other parents who think like that and are afraid to say it because they dont want people to think they dont except there child the way they are?? i love my daughter unconditionally but the restrictions and hardships asd puts on her life is most of times so hard to watch x

Parents
  • Welcome sugar.

I thought since you hadn't had a reply yet I'd just pop by to welcome you (and bump your post up the list a bit, so that it doesn't get lost!). As a grumpy middle-aged single guy, I'm probably not the right person to help you; of course for busy parents it's a lot harder to find the time! Hopefully someone who knows better than me will pop along soon.

• Welcome sugar.

I thought since you hadn't had a reply yet I'd just pop by to welcome you (and bump your post up the list a bit, so that it doesn't get lost!). As a grumpy middle-aged single guy, I'm probably not the right person to help you; of course for busy parents it's a lot harder to find the time! Hopefully someone who knows better than me will pop along soon.

Children