AS daughter struggling with my new relationship

Hello everyone. 

My daughter is coming up 17. She was only diagnosed with Aspergers last year after a 12 year battle with professionals. She also has high level social anxiety disorder and general anxiety disorder as well as many other boarderline anxiety disorders. 

I was in a relationship for 5 years and she was fine with that to be fair she didn’t have a lot to do with him but accepted the relationship. Was fine if he stayed over etc. Right or wrong this relationship was over months before it ended but felt at the time I needed him around. I’d just lost my sister and my dad was placed into a care Home so life was generally difficult for our family. Towards the end of the relationship I met someone new who bought me a whole new level of happiness and soon after I started to see him I ended the previous one. The trouble is my daughter has decided that was cheating and will not entertain my new partner in anyway. If he comes over she constantly texts me from another room asking when is he going? And demanding I take her to her dads. I don’t know what I can do to help her accept that this is how things are now.? I have spoken to her dad for support and he is generally supportive. I have told her dad that she can’t keep running away from things that make her anxious and the more that she is here when my new partner is hopefully she will adjust and accept. After suffering so much sadness and heartbreak I just want us all to be happy and I’m really stuck now. Can anyone offer any advice please? Thank you x

Parents
  • Ok, you cheated, she is right, I agree with the others. If you have told your daughter that you weren't cheating she needs an apology from you, she needs to know that you acknowledge what you did and she needs to know that sometimes you make mistakes, that you should have finished with the other man first. And you will try harder to let her know what's happening in future instead of just changing her world without telling her first.

• Ok, you cheated, she is right, I agree with the others. If you have told your daughter that you weren't cheating she needs an apology from you, she needs to know that you acknowledge what you did and she needs to know that sometimes you make mistakes, that you should have finished with the other man first. And you will try harder to let her know what's happening in future instead of just changing her world without telling her first.

Children
No Data