Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents
  • I'm hoping this is the right place for another bug report for @WebPM. The forum seems to have been working better recently, particularly as regards spam. My current issue seems rare, and doesn't quite fit into the Disappearing Threads thread. I think maybe the latest software update previously mentioned has been applied?

Anyway, this morning I commented in response to some links. The reply in question is here: https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/13241/autism-roots/81392#81392

Now the formatting seemed to break after posting, at the point where the first link is quoted. I didn't do anything particularly unusual except that all I quoted was the link, by selecting the text and then using the quote button. At each link the forum displays the text in italics and further indents as a quotation, by one level too many.

That's the first bug. The second is that I went to edit it to try to fix this formatting. However, on clicking 'edit', I am taken to a different part of the page, find the comment, but only my user name and timestamp appear with none of the text.

Hope you can help.

• Here's a test to see if I can repeat it.

community.autism.org.uk/.../81392

OK, this should be back to normal text, not indented or italicised.

Edit: OK, well at least I can edit this. But the bit that was supposed to be normal text was indeed shown as part of the text. Now, after saving the edit, it's back to normal. I think this may be a new bug.

• Here's a test to see if I can repeat it.

community.autism.org.uk/.../81392

OK, this should be back to normal text, not indented or italicised.

Edit: OK, well at least I can edit this. But the bit that was supposed to be normal text was indeed shown as part of the text. Now, after saving the edit, it's back to normal. I think this may be a new bug.

Children
No Data